I want to
National Archives of Australia
Our new and improved curriculum-aligned Learning Resources are designed to help students use original documents, photographs and audiovisual material from the national archival collection as part of their research.
Link to: naa.gov.au/learn
The refurbished National Archives of Australia is now taking bookings for excursions and education programs from September 2020. We are a fantastic cultural resource, and a Tier 2 Parliament and Civics Education Rebate (PACER) destination.
Our brand new education programs are curriculum-linked (Civics and Citizenship, Humanities and Social Sciences, History, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander History and Culture) and engaging for school students, delivered in two new exhibition galleries rich with original objects and digital interactives.
In the Voices gallery, students can explore the history of the Australian constitution and how it affects them today, including an extensive exploration of the movement towards Constitutional recognition of First Australians. Students will view precious documents not normally on display to the public.
Connections enables students to further explore the history of Australia through the National Archives’ collections, learn how to interpret primary sources and understand relationships between Australian individuals, community and government.
Five reasons to visit the National Archives as your Tier 2 PACER destination:
- Curriculum-aligned programs that connect students with pivotal moments in 20th century Australian history and explore themes from creativity and identity through to immigration, defence and reconciliation.
- Insightful educator-led experiences for the environmentally and socially aware citizens of tomorrow – their place in democracy, individual rights and responsibilities, and how they can enact change.
- It’s easy – just manage your excursion through bookcanberraexcursions.com.au, park the bus and leave the rest to us!
- Newly refurbished heritage-listed building, featuring state-of-the-art exhibition spaces and research centre, café and Archives store.
- A unique, enriching and memorable experience for your students.
You can also visit our Learning Resources online to choose from thousands of digitised documents and resources for students and teachers. Or explore the joys and challenges of immigration at Destination: Australia where you can read migrant stories and share your own.