- Read the National Capital School Excursion Planner.
- Explore website canberraexcursions.org.au and use the direct links to the National Capital Attractions websites to collect pre-visit information.
- Get the Parliament and Civics Education Rebate (PACER) application form and guidelines to check your eligibility at pacer.org.au.
- Contact a coach company or tour operator to undertake your planning and to arrange travel.
- Select a time to visit and book your accommodation.
- Book into education programmes at the mandatory PACER attractions. Apply for PACER.
- Book into other attraction education programmes that support your curriculum focus.
- Check out attraction public liability certificates and risk assessment statements at canberraexcursions.org.au.
- Choose appropriate recreational and night-time activities for your students.
(This is a guide only)