Teacher to Student Ratio
Fire up your curriculum with an out of the ordinary excursion to Canberra Glassworks!
Located in the historic former Kingston Powerhouse, Canberra Glassworks is a stateof-the-art facility for the production of studio glass. Students will see artists in action in the Hotshop making blown glass objects, and will gain an understanding of different ways that handmade glass objects are created in our various workshops.
Tour and Tile School Program
- Available Wednesdays to Saturday, 10.30 am and 1.30 pm, and Thursday evenings, 6 pm.
- Years 2 to 12
- 90 minute duration
- 15 – 45 participants.
- Bookings are essential.
Participants in the Tour and Tile School Program will attend a small group, hands on workshop to cut, design and arrange glass make their own tiles using the kiln forming method.
The tour component will explore questions such as:
• How does glass change from one material state to another?
• What is the chemistry of glass and how does that affect its colour?
• How important is teamwork in the Hotshop?
• What makes glass a sustainable material?
Teachers have the option to choose a historical or scientific themed tour as part of this program.
To enquire about a booking, email Canberra Glassworks at firstname.lastname@example.org