Teacher to Student Ratio
Australian Institute of Sport (AIS)
Experience the AIS
Discover Australia’s premier elite sport precinct. Sport is Australia’s passion, so get into the spirit and find out what it takes to become a high performance athlete. Bring your students along to experience the excitement.
Challenge yourself in Sportex
Step into a world of fun, excitement and activity with a 60-minute session in Sportex, our interactive sports exhibit set among a unique collection of Australian sporting memorabilia.
Students can try wheelchair racing, downhill skiing, rock climbing, football penalty shootouts and more. They will learn about the history of Australian sport and be inspired to be active and play sport.
Make sure you leave time to visit the AIS Shop for great sporting gear and AIS souvenirs.
Add an AIS Sports Experience
Combine Sportex with some fun and active time, learning new skills and drills. Play at the very same place where Australia’s sporting champions train and compete.
Students will enjoy 45 minutes in Sportex and will also participate in a 45-minute session learning the rules, skills and drills for different sports.
Group Visit Times
Group visits are available Monday to Friday as follows:
- Sportex Only (60 minutes): 8.30am, 10am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm, 4pm, 5.30pm and 7.30pm
- Sportex + Sports Experience (90 minutes): 10am, 11.30am, 1pm and 2.30pm
Shop and Catering options
To make your group’s visit to the AIS even more enjoyable:
- Students can pre-purchase an AIS Active Pack, comprising of selected merchandise.
- Students can also make any purchase from the full range of the AIS Online Shop.
- Our catering team, Trippas White Group, can prepare delicious and healthy morning / afternoon tea or lunch packs for your group.
Any purchases will be ready for your collection on your visit to the AIS.
Nestlé Australia presents The Good Village. An education program developed by teachers for teachers to upskill young Australians on health, wellbeing, fitness, nutrition and sustainability. The Good Village is aligned to the Health and Physical Education (HPE) curriculum and the Sustainability cross curriculum priority area.