Teacher to Student Ratio
National Electoral Education Centre
Experience Australia’s federal electoral system and the power of Australia’s democracy at the recently renovated National Electoral Education Centre by the Australian Electoral Commission.
- Explore the history of democracy and voting in Australia.
- Be immersed in DemocraCity, our brand new interactive virtual world, to learn about representation, enrolment, and voting.
- Experience the electoral process in action by running their own election in a dedicated polling place. Students will vote, count the votes, and declare the election result, while taking on the roles of voters, ballot box guards, scrutineers and polling officials!
All of our programs are aligned to the Australian Curriculum and delivered by our team of dedicated Electoral Educators.
- House of Representatives—Our most popular program! Explore the key concepts of enrolment and voting, and investigate how people are elected to the House of Representatives. Suitable for students of all levels.
- Senate— Explore the key concepts of enrolment and voting, and investigate the proportional system used to elect Senators. Suitable for students of all levels.
- Referendum—Discover Australia’s founding legal document, and investigate how the people of Australia can change the Constitution through a Referendum. Suitable for students of all levels.
- Eligible Elector—Equips senior secondary students with the skills they need to become voters, exploring representation and voting for both the House of Representatives and the Senate.
All Bookings through bookcanberraexcursions.com.au
AEC for Schools
Visit the AEC for Schools website for a range of free educational resources including materials for conducting school elections and accredited professional learning resources for teachers: education.aec.gov.au/