Teacher to Student Ratio
I want to
National Archives of Australia
Challenge your students
The voices of Australia since Federation can be heard throughout the National Archives. The national archival collection tells the compelling story of the connections between the Australian Government and its people, and how these relationships have shaped our nation.
Five reasons to choose the National Archives as your Tier 2 PACER destination:
- Curriculum-aligned programs that connect students with pivotal moments in 20th-century Australian history and explore themes from innovation and identity through to Federation, immigration and reconciliation.
- Insightful educator-led experiences for the environmentally and socially aware citizens of tomorrow—their place in democracy, individual rights and responsibilities, and how they can enact change.
- It’s easy—book via bookcanberraexcursions.com.au, park the bus and leave the rest to us!
- Newly refurbished heritage-listed building, featuring state-of-the-art exhibition spaces and research centre, cafe and Archives Store.
- A unique, enriching and memorable experience for your students.
Visit naa.gov.au for information about our educational resources, competitions and websites.
Our new and improved curriculum-aligned Learning Resources are designed to help students use original documents, photographs and audiovisual material from the national archival collection as part of their research.
Link to: naa.gov.au/learn
Take a 3D virtual tour of our Voices / Dhuniai: Federation, democracy and the Constitution gallery and explore our new and improved curriculum-aligned Learning resources designed to help students use original documents, photographs and audiovisual material from the national archival collection.