Outward Bound’s campus is nestled between the Murrumbidgee River and Namadgi National Park, just 30 minutes from Parliament House. Surrounded by rolling hills and breathtaking valleys, the Murrumbidgee River Corridor is home to abundant native birds and wildlife.
Outward Bound is the perfect location for your Canberra school excursion accommodation, outdoor and environmental activities, centrebased school camp or expeditions into Namadgi and the Australian Alps.
School and group accommodation for up to 150 people with programs and activities if you want them.
• 120 people can sleep in our 6 comfortable recently renovated cabins.
• Each self-contained cabin has 4 bedrooms; each bedroom has an ensuite with bunks for up to 6 people.
• All cabins have a communal area and kitchenette with fridge, microwave and crockery and cutlery.
• Beds have a bottom sheet, pillow and pillowcase. Sleeping bags and linen can be hired for additional charge.
• Our chef’s full service includes fresh, healthy buffet breakfasts and dinners in a 100-person dining hall.
• Meals are generously portioned to suit a day of activities onsite, and we offer a wide variety of choice.
• Morning/afternoon tea and lunch can be eaten in the hall or on your journey.
• We cater for special dietary requirements and are nut aware.
• Each cabin comes with tea/coffee.
Activities and educational experiences
• Onsite adventure activities: High ropes, giant ladder, abseiling, climbing wall, mountain biking.
• Offsite activities: Hiking, bushwalking, rock climbing, abseiling.
• National Park Cultural Activities: First Nations art and cultural sites, historic NASA Tracking Stations from the 1969 moon landings.
• River activities: Raft building, white-water rafting.
• Problem-solving and lateral-thinking games and challenges.
• Environmental: Nature discovery, tree planting, service activities.
• Every day can finish with a campfire in front of the cabins or a video in our function room.
For more information go to outwardbound.org.au/ programs/school-camps/centre-based-school-camps.