Outward Bound’s base is surrounded by rolling hills and breathtaking valleys just 30 minutes from Parliament House. At the foot of Mount Tennant, on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River, Outward Bound is perfect for Canberra school excursion accommodation, centre-based school camps and expeditions into Namadgi National Park and the Australian Alps.
- 120 people can sleep in our six comfortable recently renovated cabins.
- Each self-contained cabin has four bedrooms, each bedroom has an ensuite with bunks for up to six people.
- All cabins have a communal area and kitchenette with fridge, microwave and crockery and cutlery.
- Beds have a bottom sheet, pillow and pillowcase. Sleeping bags and linen can be hired for additional charge.
- Our chef’s full service includes fresh, healthy buffet breakfasts and dinners in a 100-person dining hall.
- Meals are generously portioned to suit a day of activities onsite, and we offer a wide variety of choice.
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunch can be eaten in the hall or on your journey.
- We cater for special dietary requirements and are nut aware.
- Each cabin comes with tea/coffee.
- Hiking / bushwalking / mountain climbing.
- Problem-solving and lateral thinking challenges.
- Environmental leadership e.g. tree planting, river activities.
- High ropes / giant ladder / flying fox / abseiling / climbing wall.
- Every day can finish with a campfire in front of the cabins or a video in our function room.
For more information go to outwardbound.org.au/ programs/school-camps/centre-based-school-camps.