October Newsletter 2020 - Virtual Classrooms
Canberra Attractions - Virtual Classrooms
With children unable to visit Canberra on a traditional school excursion over the past 6 months, many attractions in Canberra have been busily reimagining their educational offerings to enable students across Australia to connect with online, live and interactive programs, facilitated by dedicated educational staff.
Teachers can now go to bookcanberraexcursions.com.au to seek information about online programs for the following attractions and book them seamlessly, with the process of conducting test connections and undertaking the programs made much simpler.
- Mount Stromlo Observatory
- Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary
- Museum of Australian Democracy
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Museum of Australia
- Questacon Virtual Excursions & Maker Project
Digital programs are also available at the following institutions by booking directly with them through the links below:
- Australian War Memorial: For more information and bookings, please visit the virtual excursion page.
- National Portrait Gallery: Make a booking and you will be emailed more information with instructions on how to connect
- Parliamentary Education Office: For more information on programs and how to book, head to the PEO website or email at PEOLearning@aph.gov.au.
Canberra’s attractions have also developed many online learning resources and activities, that may provide support to schools, whether students are at home or in the classroom. These resources are based on curriculum themes of civics and citizenship, STEM, Australian history, art and culture.
Please see the link below for information about accessing these resources:
Canberra Excursions - Teachers/Learning Resources
We are extremely pleased schools have the opportunity to connect to Canberra attractions through online programs, but we are all keen to see schools return on excursions and are extremely excited by the prospect of busloads of eager kids pulling up outside venues again!