The Canberra Carotel is a family owned and operated business established in 1962 and the ideal budget place to stay on Canberra excursions.
With decades of experience, our friendly staff offer teachers 24-hour assistance throughout their stay, ensuring excursions are enjoyable, relaxing and memorable.
Situated at the base of Mount Majura, the Canberra Carotel is 7 kilometres from Canberra’s centre and within 15 minutes of major attractions/venues.
Groups of 90 or more students may enjoy exclusive use of our site.
- All self-contained villas have 2 separate bedrooms, a private bathroom, furnished veranda and are air-conditioned.
- Twin share is standard for teachers; each teacher with their own bedroom.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Any potentially hazardous kitchen items in student rooms are locked away prior to their arrival. This service is free of charge.
- Beds are made up prior to arrival and rooms are serviced during your stay.
- Our self-contained cabins are ideal for any isolation requirements.
- We are Halal Certified.
- Mealtimes vary according to each group’s itinerary, with only one school group occupying the Dining Hall at any given time.
- Students are individually served and can select from foods offered.
- We offer fully catered meals to a maximum of 130 in our dining hall.
- Our chef prepares all meals on site, fresh daily, ensuring a variety of nutritious homestyle meals that are attentive to dietary requirements.
- Cooked breakfast, packed lunch and dinner are part of the standard package.
- Morning/afternoon tea and suppers are an optional extra.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- A meeting room, free of charge.
- Ample coach parking on a sealed surface.
- Rooms located close together for easy supervision.
- An after-hours caretaker, located onsite for peace of mind.
For more information go to carotel.com.au/ group-specialist
Teacher to Student Ratio
Bed Per Room
Towels & Linen