Birrigai at Tidbinbilla
Birrigai is a significant place in the land of the Ngunnawal people. The word ‘birrigai’ means laughter/to laugh, in the Ngunnawal language.
Birrigai offers schools a range of educational programmes centred on environmental and sustainable living, and outstanding leadership and team-building programmes conducted by our dedicated teachers. Other experiences can be arranged, such as night-time campfires and programmes led by rangers or specialist presenters.
- education programmes linked to the Australian Curriculum, coordinated and run by qualified teachers
- full catering services, including special dietary requirements and special events
- common rooms in bunkhouses
- a comfortable teachers’ lounge
- a state-of-the-art theatre and formal meeting room
- a spacious hall available for night-time entertainment
- high and low ropes courses
- an extensive walking track network.
Risk assessments for facilities and all activities are available to support your applications to visit.
Birrigai accommodates 186 students, including students with special needs. We have five separate, twin-share supervising teachers’ rooms with ensuite facilities.