Birrigai is 40 minutes from Canberra’s centre, adjacent to the beautiful Tidbinbilla Range and Namadgi National Park. Beneath Gibraltar Peak—with native fauna roaming amongst our buildings—we offer a wonderful glimpse of Australian wilderness from our front door.
Birrigai is a place of significance in the culture and heritage of the Ngunnawal nation.
- We can accommodate 188 students and 12 teachers across 3 dorm-style cabins, including separate teachers/leaders accommodation with ensuite bathrooms.
- Two cabins feature central TV/DVD equipped common areas, so students can unwind at the end of an exciting day.
- 8–16 students are accommodated in each dorm, with shared bathroom facilities.
- Our qualified chefs offer a full catering service.
- All meals can be tailored to fit dietary requirements.
- We offer a residential-style kitchen for small groups wishing to self-cater.
- A tiered 80-seat movie theatre.
- Covered outdoor BBQ facilities.
- A variety of indoor and outdoor breakout spaces.
- A 25-seat conference room with AV equipment.
- A 150-seat hardwood-floor hall with stage and AV equipment.
- We provide and model challenging, insightful and meaningful educational experiences designed and run by teachers to complement the Australian Curriculum.
- Programs are themed around the Environment, Australian History, Indigenous Cultures, and/or Outdoor Adventure, and can be tailored to meet specific needs, age groups and outcomes.
All programs operate within relevant legislative frameworks and industry-leading risk management standards.
For more information got to cityservices.act.gov.au/ birrigai.